Easy Kimchi Fried Rice
Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap, 김치 볶음밥) is a type of Korean fried rice and it is predominantly cooked with kimchi (obviously!) To give it more texture and flavor a variety of meat and/or vegetables are often added.
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
- 1 cup kimchi (diced)
- 150g bacon (optional)
- 3 cups steamed rice
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- 1/2 stalk green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Roasted seasoned seaweed shredded (optional)
1. On medium high heat preheat a pan/wok and once heated, add the cooking oil and spread it well with a spatula.
2. Add the garlic, stir it fast for about 10 seconds. Then add the bacon and stir it well until half of it is cooked.
3. Add the Kimchi and stir until 80% of it is cooked then reduce the heat to medium-medium low.
4. Add the rice and the kimchi juice. Mix all of them together well and thoroughly.
5. Add the sesame oil and mix them well. Remove from the heat.
6. Serve the Kimchi fried rice on a plate. Garnish with the sesame seeds, green onion and seaweed strips (optional). Place the cooked egg on top and Enjoy!